RIPE NCC - World IPv6 Day Measurements
The RIPE NCC performed ongoing measurements related to World IPv6 Day, which took place on 8 June 2011. As a part of this effort, we monitored many of the participating websites from a number of vantage points:
- Nodes of the RIPE NCC Test Traffic Measurements platform
- Nodes of the Archipelago Measurement Infrastructure, kindly contributed by CAIDA
- Nodes contributed by partners and other infrastructures, such as RIPE Atlas
From these vantage points, our monitoring effort periodically checked:
- DNS entries — to check whether the World IPv6 Day participants had A/AAAA records
- RTT distances using ping/ping6
- Forward path discovery using traceroute and traceroute6
- HTTP page fetches — over IPv4 and IPv6 when available
For this event, we've been measuring 60 participants from 53 vantage points, and we have executed 6,651,575 measurements between June 1-12, 2011.
IPv4/IPv6 comparison to some sites
|RTT measurements to Google
||RTT measurements to Yahoo!
||RTT measurements to Facebook
(Click on a pin in the above map to get more measurement details.)